18 January 2010

Motifs

Two of my January weekly makes have come out of Beyond-the-Square Crochet Motifs. Jason got me this book for Christmas, and let me tell you, it was a challenge to finish up those granny square slippers when I had this puppy lying around. This book gives charts and patterns for 144 different squares, circles, triangles, hexagons, and other crocheted shapes as well as inspirations for projects and ideas for how the pieces can be puzzled together. Pretty sweet, huh? I think so, too.

So here are the two that I've made so far:
I don't know "what they are" exactly. Trivets? Decorations? Pieces of something else yet to be made? I don't know. But I do know that I love them, and I love making them, and there will be many more of these to come, partially because they have quickly become my Sunday night "I haven't made anything yet" go-to project, but mostly because they're fun, and they satisfy my right brain/left brain, creative/mathematical desires quite perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment